Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Before Baby Arrives: So About Those Pregnancy Goals...


Week One and Two of June, Clearly I Need Just One List


Being pregnant a second time around is SO immensely different than the first time.  First of all, I know those days and spans of days when life seems too overwhelming to be real will fade and be forgotten.  This time I will understand why mothers always encouraged me to love my baby, breathe deep and let go - because it will be forgotten anyway!  What will not be lost is the chance to grow in virtue and shower love on my wee baby boy.


My concerns and to-do lists from before Rita are nearly less than shadows in my mind as I prepare for Jonah's arrival.  Jonah.  What a blessing to have another child bouncing kicking and celebrating our marital love in my womb.  So the time is near to begin thinking about what needs to be done (vs wants) before our baby arrives.


Source: google.com via Suzette on Pinterest




After realizing that all of this subdividing of my great to-do list was just causing brain cramps and disorganization I decided to step-up and refocus.


The results?


THE MASTER LIST
Here's what I have left to do, in a master sort of list.  I was getting all too confused with  my lack of progress, so the following list is IT.  Get it done when I can, however I can and in any order!


1. Mending (will mostly be by hand, so it can be easily started and stopped)
2. Reusable wipes (nearly finished! just about 30 minutes of work remaining :)  )
3. Reusable menstrual pads (have a pattern)
4. Scripture reading 
5. List items on Craigslist (might not be necessary with garage sale in the next week or two)
6. Have a garage sale (very new goal, but necessary)
7. Freezer meals (comfortable with what I have done, but hoping to do just a bit more esp. in terms of breakfasts and snacks)
8. Install carseat (washed and cleaned, ready to be put into the car)
9. Organize scrapbook material (hoping this will be worth it - intent on keeping true keepsakes, not every little thing!)
10. Pack hospital bags
11. Pack Rita's bags
12. Decorate Rita's room
13. Purchase disposable diapers and wipes for when Rita is with family (they prefer not to cloth diaper and are helping us out, so this is an easy way to help them!)
14. Car maintenance (not unexpected, just routine stuff)
15. Put bed frame back in our room (when have had our mattress on the floor as Rita transitioned into her toddler bed - it made it so easy for her to join us if need be, but would be difficult postpartum)
16. Mail Chaco shoes to be repaired
17. Anything else that we think of!


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
Hoping that Sunday was a great celebrate of your loved ones who are also fathers, husbands, and grandfathers.  We had a beautiful family day and had Tyler's favorite meal for supper...spaghetti and Italian meatballs!


Note: I totally calculated wrong - I'll hit 36 weeks pregnant in the middle of this week!  Not just as far along as I thought (referencing previous "Before Baby Arrives" post), but ultimately I know that by August 1st (42 weeks, Rita came right at 41 weeks) we will have a baby.  This is because me and my doctor agree that 42 weeks is the longest Jonah can stay in his warm womb cocoon! 




How do you do when you make a list of goals?  Do you often find yourself rewriting your list?  What do you do to stay motivated and focused?


Other posts in this series:
Before Baby Arrives
Before Baby Arrives: April
Before Baby Arrives: Baby Essentials for Two


Be sure to hit "subscribe by email" when you leave your comment - then I can get back straight to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! All conversation is welcomed, within good reason and kind intentions.