Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

COST OF CLOTH DIAPERS: Part III

Anyone wondering if cloth diapering really saves money?  I did!  Even though I'm a firm believer in cloth diapering, and as I said in a prior post, it is all we can afford, sometimes I wondered.  So, after over a month of researching and compiling I have results! The results include the cost of disposables, the cost of our current cloth diaper stash, estimated expenses until 18 months and the total savings!
STAY TUNED THIS WEEK FOR A THREE PART SERIES!
THIS IS THE FINAL POST OF THE THREE PART SERIES!

Part III: The Savings of Cloth 

Our choice to cloth diaper was primarily a decision based on the healthiest choice for our children and the great financial savings.  It also has helped us to be better stewards of the Earth and our resources.  Overall it is a journey that continues and seems to always cultivate virtues.  I hope that you can find yourself cloth diapering your sweet babies one day!  Enjoy the results of this post, "The Savings of Cloth."


The Savings of Cloth:

Disposable Diapering $1446.66
Cloth Diapering       - $ 519.26
Savings of                 $ 927.40


So what if we hadn't had all of the gift supplies for our cloth diapering set-up?  We would have probably paid closer to $650* for cloth diapering our first child, still saving over $750.  The best part?  We will be saving well over $2,000 ($927.40+ $1446.66) because when baby number two arrives we are totally ready!  

*Over the last three or four months it has become clear that if I had known about what was truly necessary  and about ways to simplify cloth diapering (ex: one size covers), I'm confident that I could have kept the cost of cloth diapering between $400-$500.

Hopefully this series "Cost of Cloth Diapers" has been full of useful information.  This is our experience and may be quite different from yours, so please comment and leave any ideas for making cloth diapering even more frugal!  Questions are welcomed!

I'm thinking of writing a post on what my cloth diaper stash would be if I could start from the beginning!!  Hopefully that will come soon! :)


Other posts in this series: 
COST OF CLOTH DIAPERS: Part II: The Cost of Cloth Diaper Stash  COST OF CLOTH DIAPERS: Part I: The Cost of Disposables 


Also on cloth diapering:
Cloth Diapering with Prefolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! All conversation is welcomed, within good reason and kind intentions.