Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy All Saints' Day! {phfr}

Thank you Lord for the Sweet Communion of Saints!

I am so encouraged and inspired by their examples.

We have our special devotions.

In high school I referred to St. Pio, St. Paul and St. Francis of Assisi as my saintly trinity!  These three men have formed me in so many ways.

St. Mary Magdalene seems to sort of follow me... so I have begun to ask for her prayers often.

St. Rita is the patron of parenthood.  How beautiful that our first child bears her name!

St. Gerard is the patron of mothers and so I have a special devotion to him.

Tyler has a special devotion to Venerable Fulton J. Sheen.

Our Lady of Guadalupe and Our Lady of Prompt Succor are special to me, as Our Lady is my patron!

This is our family-specific communion of saints, although we implore many others for prayers and are grateful for the many examples Mother Church sets before us!
Pretty: Pork roast, sitting pretty in a delicious gravy this Sunday (taking the advice of Aunt Leila and roasting on Sunday!)

Happy: Jonah LOVES his bath chair and bath time!

Funny: Rita on Sunday morning, not quite awake as we venture to get donuts!

Real: Rita reading Jamberry and Jonah (according to Rita) reading Noah's Bark.  Rita loves to read and I am touched to see her share it with her baby brother!  It really is important to her!  Thank you Lord!

Jamberry and Noah's Bark are Rita's two of her four favorite books.  Her Catholic Bible and Time for Mass are her two other favorite books.  It's so sweet to see her have literature favorites at 21 months (she has loved Noah's Bark since 18 months).  Children are amazing!  Thank you Jesus!

Does your family have their own little communion of saints?



No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! All conversation is welcomed, within good reason and kind intentions.