Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Envelopes: A Frugal Alternative

In preparation for our vacation, Tyler reminded me that we needed envelopes, just as we do each week.  I'm so glad he remembered this!  When I opened my envelope box there were zip-o envelopes.  We recently got rid of our "misc" budget category because I usually ended up buying something misc. rather than using it for misc. needs, if that makes any sense. So, I had to improvise because although I could have used a misc. envelope of money to buy envelopes at this point, there is none. Anyway! 

Here is my creative (ha!), quick, simple and basically free envelope alternative which I happen to like better than traditional envelopes.  There is a spot for bills and a spot for coupons.  All of the coin change will be put into a coin purse.

Our envelopes!


Bills in the back pockets.


Coupons in the coupon (top) pocket and a bill in the back bill pocket.


This was so easy and frugal!

Ready to make your own??

Supplies:

  • loose leaf paper, plain paper, colored paper, whatever you have!
  • marker
  • stapler 
  • staples

Directions:

  1. Hold the paper vertically
  2. Fold the paper in half, top to bottom.
  3. Fold the bottom 1/3 of  your now half sized sheet of paper, bottom to top
  4. Fold the sides edges
  5. Staple the edges down
  6. Label and fill those babies up and enjoy a DEBT FREEEEEE vacation!
P.S. The recipe for breakfast bars will be appearing tomorrow, for certain!   Come back ready to bake a yummy Easter Sunday breakfast treat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! All conversation is welcomed, within good reason and kind intentions.