Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reality





Sometimes I get really caught-up in the every day run of the mill chores and tasks of being a full-time stay at home momma. 

This year I'm working on incorporating personal prayer time.  I wasn't having much success so I decided to implement a plan - read through all four Gospels and spend time reflecting on whatever passage catches my attention.  My personal prayer time has been wonderful since this decision!  Thank God. 

So here I am, soul searching and loving every minute of it!

When I lay Rita down for her nap, I walk out of her room, turn on the kettle for a warm drink, pull-out a kitchen table chair, put the Bible on the table, fix my warm drink and soak up some Jesus.  It is SO divine!!

Today Our Lord's words really caught my heart.  In Matthew's Gospel 10:32-33 Jesus speaks these words:

"Everyone who acknowledges me before others I will acknowledge before my heavenly Father.  But whoever denies me before others, I will deny before my heavenly Father."

Wow.  Our Lord is so real.  Yes the laundry, toys strewn throughout the house, dirty dishes and sticky counters are all my reality, but here in this home I need to be reminded of my ultimate goal of sanctity.  I need to be called-out. 

Am I denying my Lord in my own home?  Am I teaching my child to turn her heart towards Him in all situations?  Am I witnessing to others my love for the Lord by speaking rejoicing words about the arrival of a second child in less than two years time? 

Oh Lord, let it be that I am acknowledging you more than I deny you.  Give me a repentant heart that seeks the grace of Reconciliation so that after each confession and Communion I may acknowledge you more and more.  Let me be your handmaid. May Your will become mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! All conversation is welcomed, within good reason and kind intentions.