|Totally unrelated but I think pretty. New kitchen rags! Washed, folded and ready for use.|
2. Have you ever visited Mountain Rose Herbs? You should click on through! Serious! Want want want everything I see!
3. I ordered from them...a long time ago...I really honestly can't remember when, but this draft was started in July of 2012. That should give you an idea! (I ordered a pound of raspberry leaves and 1/2 a pound of nettle leaves - just getting low on the nettles now.) The herbs still taste fabulous in tea and I try to whip-up a batch of my home blend of the nettles and raspberry leaves, both of which I ordered from, you guessed it, Mountain Rose Herbs, for any new mommas I know!
4. I know these herbs have a delicate shelf life but I keep them in a dry, cool, dark cabinet and mix-up the two herbs into a separate container so that I'm not dipping into and opening the main bags every day.
5. Herbs that I have found wonderfully helpful to keep stocked (as loose dry leaves):
Chamomile (teething, fever, anxiety, restlessness, sleeplessness)
Peppermint (upset stomachs, gas, nausea)
Raspberry Leaves (pregnancy, nursing)
Nettles (pregnancy, nursing, antihistamine)
6. Other items for herbal remedies:
7. In addition, Rosemary Gladstar's Medicinal Herbs has been super helpful. My brother gave it to me two Christmas' ago and I probably reference it monthly, on average. Every recipe has been really great and helpful.
No one paid me for these opinions - they are mine-oh-mine but if Mountain Rose Herbs wants to say thank-ee that would be cool, or Amazon, I'm not picky!
Anyway, I hope that you are feeling brave! And thinking thoughts that are all Ingalls-Pioneer-ish. Just sayin'! I'm not anti-meds at all but if I can whip-up a little something to help us all out, I'm all about it!
Joining in with Jen and the rest for the seven posts...and I really don't even know what day we are on and I STARTED this on Friday. It's totally my Friday post.