Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

SO Glad This Isn't Some Professional Blog

This is not a happy post.  Please do not read on. (Ok there is a bit about minimalism in the kitchen, just skip to the third real paragraph).

Today has just beenAll week it has been a crazzzzzyyyyy week.  Maybe because I have seriously done laundry until there was no more to do and our love seat has not seen the light of day since Sunday.  Maybe its because for some dumb reason both kids babies have colds and are extra needy.  Maybe its because Jonah is officially teething.  Maybe its because Jonah is desperately trying to get the hang of this rolling-over-cause-i-really-want-to-play thing.  I don't know.

This IS what I know.

There is laundry on the love seat (yes, still. no, I'm not going to stop typing to move it. not yet. but when im done ...taking the power cord away from Rita, excuse me...taking laundry basket of 5059558985 socks from Rita...ok. when I'm done typing THEN we will wrangle the children in (turn on Netflix) and cook dinner (reheat the crock pot).  True story folks.  Welcome to life. (and THEN i can do something about that laundry. is it already 3:41pm? oh good!)

But on a lighter note the dishes are  done. ok there are like two pots left. but i mean, dishes are done, ya know?
I have totally reconfiscated (Blogger says this isnt a word. whatever.) all of the kitchen cutlery and dishes.  Four plates. two water jars. three to-go water bottles. two juice jars. four sippy cups. three forks. four spoons. three bowls. salad fork and spoon. serving spoon. three butter knives. three syringes for medicine. three coffee/tea mugs.  This is the second go-round (click "reconfiscated" up above to read about my first go-round with pairing-down in the kitchen) and we have even less this time.  I'm pumped! (Here's good parenting while blogging: "Rita, leave all that stuff alone!" as I sit at the kitchen table and she rummages in her somehow messy post Christmas post Jonah changing sizes post her changing sizes post where does all this music equipment go shuffling that has been happening since...oh, you know, a month ago.

You should really feel better about your life/parenting/everything by now.  You probably aren't in your pajamas like I still am. And you probably didn't have to turn down a visit from a really sweet high school friend cause your kiddos decided to nap simultaneously and then wake up like 45 minutes after you canceled your plans.  Its a beautiful day.  Really. I just need to get out of this pigsty house and enjoy it.

Sorry to rant.  But i feel better. :)

6 comments:

  1. ahh, the joys of motherhood :)

    i will pray for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I get sick of being positive sometimes! Blah But it's always easier on the weekend with my better half!!!!

      Delete
  2. You're so not alone! I'm still in my jammies and ready for a nap (hoping my boys cooperate!) I really think the dreary, wintery weather is having an effect on us all plus we've all been battling sinus congestion so we don't feel great! This too shall pass. And, you better believe I'm looking forward to spring, getting outside, playing in the dirt, the boys wearing each other out running around and playing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congestion like crazy here too! Still lingers some days but mostly it has cleared. Yes, spring, where diapers count as being dressed! haha! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had quite the week, aahhhh! I feel your pain - you are not alone! You'll get through this! When I have days/weeks like this post described Jason always looks at me and calmly says, "it'll be fine. Really. It always is. Relax." Of course, in the heat of the moment it is impossible for me to relax and I think he is ridiculous but as I reflect now, he is right. It'll be alright - in time :) Hang in there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true Shelley! Men can unplug and look at a situation/spell of life for what it is. So glad Jesus made men and women so complimentary. Thanks!

      Delete

So glad to hear from you! All conversation is welcomed, within good reason and kind intentions.