Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real} Joining the Carnival!

So this is a first...of sorts.  Not the first pretty, happy, funny or real photos but the first time I collectively post them and join the weekly carnival at Like Mother, Like Daughter.  I'm not holding myself to this hard and fast, but it will be fun to share snippets of life.  I'll try not to make these Thursday posts wordy... but that might not always be what happens!
Welcome, welcome!
If you have jumped over from LMLD, thanks for visiting!  Browse our blog and get to know us.  Comment and let us know about you!

{pretty}
This little girl just delights me every day.  I can't get enough of her hugs, kisses, and company!
(Ok, sometimes I think I have had enough of her company, but as soon as she leaves to visit her grandparents I'm missing her like crazy!)

{happy}
This guy loves Taco Bell... I'm trying hard to master their efficiency and ability to have warm meat, unbroken shells and perfectly diced tomatoes.  Maybe one day when I have teenagers to help cook in the kitchen!

{funny}
During our visit to Sea World (our first cash vacation) Rita delighted in the squirting water.  We were all laughing as she played!

 {real}
I've been doing more laundry than I could have imagined!  The kids fill an entire diaper pail in 24 hours!  So diapers are being washed every day and diaper covers every day or day and a half.  I also have Jonah's laundry now...so we're adjusting and washing constantly.  Thank God for that handy washing machine and dryer!


Be sure to hit "subscribe by email" when you leave your comment - then I can get back straight to you!

6 comments:

  1. I've been doing this link-up for about 6 weeks now, and it's become a highlight for me. I noticed on your blog roll that you have Becoming Minimalist - one of my favorite blogs! Have you read his new book? I'm on my own journey of minimalism and it's been quite a journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jill! I have not read Josh Becker's new book but really want to! We love striving to live minimally but we aren't purists by any means. For example, we have just decided to buy two more pairs of pjs for our daughter Rita because we have been coming up short for the last couple of months! Let me know your review of it whenever you read the new book. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I cloth diapered mine and I only had enough newborn diapers to get through 36 hours or so, so I feel your washing! It's worth it though for the cute fluffy butts! :-) And, congrats on your cash vacation! We did (and do) the envelopes as well. I wound up with 4 that I need with me all the time (clothing, groceries, ladies nice things, and household) and was able to get a wallet from 31 that worked well. I put the groceries and household in the two facing bills slots, the ladies nice things in the center zippered coin section and the clothing in between one of the bill slots and the change purse. I could put coupons I would readily need in the other half and then leave the rest in a separate envelope in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear all this laundry is worth it :). It's nice to be affirmed in my convictions.
      Becky your organization sounds fool-proof. Thanks for sharing! It was so great to come home from vacation without any guilt! We are hoping to do a real simple and quick cash only trip to the beach next month...just have to budget wisely!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great post! That baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you! All conversation is welcomed, within good reason and kind intentions.