Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blast Off!

Well friends, family, Rocket has left the home!  His behavior was outrageous and his weight made him untamable!  That little doggie went back to the animal shelter.  In return, we adopted our "for good" dog.
Introducing...



George Harrison Ford Thibodeaux!
(He was busy scratching that ole' itchy collar.)

Long name, small guy, sorta like Hawaii's state fish...
We call him Harrison. He won't be more than 10 pounds!
Other than being Rita's best friend (when all she will do is cry, he totally saves the day and my sanity), he is a great guard dog.  Ok, guard? Maybe I should say alert dog.
We are thoroughly enjoying him and I am "training" him best I can while I am also exclusively breastfeeding a 5 1/2 month baby.

I follow MADE, a very crafty momma blog out in TX.  She is SO excited about the 4th of July!  I have to admit, her fervor is contagious and I find myself daydreaming (while Rita nurses of course) of the many ways to celebrate and decorate for the 4th of July.  I do love being an American, and Tyler is all the more glad to be American than me!  So, what will it be?
Definitely hang our American flag on our front porch.  Maybe have a red, white, blue flower arrangement?  Do I dare attempt to make a festive table topper?  It might be an incentive to finish my mom's Mother's Day gift! Poor mom...she is patiently waiting for her Mother's Day topper while her tea towel is seeing lots of great use.
Well, I will let you know.
Until then,

O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave...

Thank you Mr. Francis S. Key

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! All conversation is welcomed, within good reason and kind intentions.